Saturday, March 14, 2009

My life as a Mommy...


My mom always said..."you wont understand until you have babies of your own." She is absolutley right. I would do anything for my little baby. Everyone keeps asking me, how does it feel to be a mommy? Wow, words cant explain how good it feels to just sit there and stare at Jet knowing that hes mine and that Joey and I made him. After seeing Jet in pain from his circumcision, I would just cry, and I couldn't even help it-the tears would just flow. Sometimes I think Joey thought I was nuts. He would ask me, do you think your having postpartum depression. I just laughed and said absolutley not. I now realize that if you haven't been through it, then you cant judge. I dont know how there is such thing as depression when having such pride and joy from such a little innocent baby, but who am I to judge.
My life is wonderful and I feel like this little man has changed me so much for the best over the past 10 days that he has been here.
I am so busy right now, it feels like I never have any time. A typical day for me is...
Wake up at 7am, wash bottles and prepare them for the day while Jet snoozes. Let him enjoy his bouncer in the warm bathroom while I shower. If hes fussy, the noise of the running water puts him to sleep. I take about an hour for myself to get ready for the day. Then we head down stairs and feed my hungry man, who then gets a bath and all buttered up (as grandma would say). By this time its around 11ish and I look at the clock wondered where the hell time went. I try to fit in a bite to eat for myself if Jet allows me to. Most of the time hes napping by now. While napping, I catch up on laundry, which is NEVER ending!!! Picking up the house to keep things in line is also on the agenda. Jet is usually up by now ready to eat again. After his belly is full, we run any errands if needed. By they time we get home, its time to start dinner. Dinner is usually ready by the time daddy gets home around 5:45pm. After dinner, Joey and I try to spend some family time together on the couch with Jet. Before we know it, its 10pm which i then start preparing night time bottles while Joey heads to bed. I follow him about an hour later if not at the same time. Jet eats, then sleeps for up to 3 hours after every feeding and diaper changing through out the night. The past 2 nights I have jumped up to look at the clock wondering why he hasn't woke yet. It had been 5 hours!!! I usually wake him up to feed him if he hasn't woke up after these 5 hours just becuase I want him on a strict schedule, and I know the day time wont allow him to last 5 hours in between feeding. So there you go, a typical day in the Lake house but not for long. Who knows how life is going to be when I have to go back to work :( I don't even want to think about that right now. I will keep you updated once that all happens.
Have a good weekend, I know we will!!!

2 comments:

  1. You both look beautiful!!!! Congrats to the three of you. Were so happy for you!!!
    Rose and Joe

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad everything is going so well! He is such a cutie.

    ReplyDelete